Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP)
A preventive program that delivers periodic health assessments and services to low income children and youth in California. CHDP provides care coordination to assist families with medical appointment scheduling, transportation, and access to diagnostic and treatment services.
Family PACT:A program that provides no-cost family planning services to low-income men and women, including teens. Women, men, and teens able to become pregnant or cause a pregnancy can get Family PACT services if they are low-income California residents. You may qualify for Family PACT:
- If you have no medical insurance or can’t get Medi-Cal.
- If you have insurance, but it doesn’t cover family planning or birth control methods
- If you have insurance, but you haven’t met your deductible.
- If you have Medi-Cal with Share of Cost but you have not met your Share of Cost.
- If you have Medi-Cal but it doesn’t cover family planning.
- If you have insurance or Medi-Cal, but you need to keep family planning services confidential
This pregnant women program allows Qualified Providers (QP) to grant immediate, temporary Medi-Cal coverage for ambulatory prenatal care and prescription drugs for conditions related to pregnancy to low-income, pregnant patients, pending their formal Medi-Cal application. The PE for pregnant women program is designed for low-income California residents who believe they are pregnant and who do not have health insurance or Medi-Cal coverage for prenatal care.
Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) provides a wide range of culturally competent services to Medi-Cal pregnant women, from conception through 60 days postpartum. In addition to standard obstetric services, women receive enhanced services in the areas of nutrition, psychosocial and health education.
Healthy Way L.A.
You choose a permanent medical home at one of more than 100 clinic sites. With a medical home, you go to the same location for nearly all of your medical care needs. Your medical home is staffed by providers who know you by name and how to keep you in optimal health.
Take the first step to good health by seeing if you can enroll. You must meet the following eligibility requirements to enroll in Healthy Way L.A.:
- Residency: Los Angeles County
- Age: Adult, 19 to 64 years of age
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen/National or Legal Permanent Resident of 5 + years
- Income: Monthly income limit ($1,239 or less for a family of one)
- Pregnancy: Not pregnant or eligible for Medi-Cal or Healthy Families
- Primary Care by Appointment
- Access to in-house pharmacies to fill your prescriptions
- Assigned “Medical Home” at a location near your home or work
- Preventive Care & Mental Health Services
- Access to Specialists
- Care Management Services for chronic illnesses like CHF & Diabetes
- Urgent & Emergency Medical Care Coverage
- 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
- Translation Services
- Caring, Multi-cultural staff who understand your needs
This program will make it simple and more affordable for you and millions of other Californians to get high-quality health insurance that can't be canceled or denied because of a pre-existing medical condition or if you get sick. Legal residents of California will be eligible to buy health coverage through Covered California. Later in the year 2013, you can shop easily online, in person or by phone for health insurance that is affordable for you and your family. A special website will provide you with a variety of online tools so you can learn more about a range of Qualified Health Plans that will be offered through Covered California. You can also access statewide support services available in person or by phone.
Covered California will provide access to coverage that will start in January 2014. Purchasing insurance through Covered California will have many advantages. For the first time ever, you will be able to make true "apples-to-apples" comparisons of health insurance. Covered California is the only place where you can learn about and use federal financial assistance that can help lower your health care costs. Whether you purchase insurance from Covered California or not, you also will benefit from new standards for health coverage.